-->

Why You Aren't Manifesting Deliverance

The Lord recently asked me to pray for someone and to speak into their life. I sat listening intently to them vent and after heeding the voice of the Holy Spirit, I began to pray what the Lord prompted me to pray. Only a few seconds into the prayer, they yelled out, "NO! Don't pray that!" I quietly asked them why and they responded with, "I don't want that!"

The Holy Spirit told me to just keep listening to them. They told me about a part of their life that I had personal experience with and as I shared my testimony in that area, it seemed to take them by delightful shock that God was capable of achieving such victory. To my surprise, as the Lord had me continue encouraging them, a trigger sparked and their anger exploded all over me. They allowed me to hug them and I reminded them of the father's love for them, but they left briskly. I walked away both confused and deeply hurt.

I was hurt because I could not understand why they wouldn't WANT to be healed and delivered! I too had gone through this same process, but now that the Lord brought me THROUGH it to the other side, it is VERY hard for me to just sit back and allow people to self-destruct. Defeat is something I strongly want justice against, but it's becoming more clear to me now how the Lord must feel to see His children hurting themselves and not be able to help.

The Lord is perfectly able and we are able through Christ, period; but the things we want changed in our lives will never change until and unless we truly WANT them to! Prayer is always good and beneficial, but it won't be effectual in your life if you don't want it! You'll hear people (possibly including yourself) repeatedly say things like "I'm tired of this", "I want change", "I don't want this anymore", or "I'm done", but they're not truly fed up in their hearts. The reason it's easy to see they aren't actually fed up with things is because they're still in them. 

Whether it's a bad relationship, addiction, a bad temper, insecurity, career path or anything else that's got you stressed and struggling to progress, it won't change until you genuinely want it to. Often times we think we're fed up, but we're so afraid of the recovery process being harder than the situation itself that we'd rather stay in what's comfortable than be FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment