-->

Why There is No One to Blame but Ourselves

This morning I overheard a woman talking with her dad about how badly people drive. She talked about the dangers of texting and driving and how amazed she was at the number of people who still do it. She also mentioned that texting and driving is how she got into her last accident.

She proceeded to describe the incident; there was a man behind her texting while driving, and she could see him through her rear-view mirror. When she saw what he was doing, she repeatedly said things like, "This guy's gonna hit me. He's gonna hit me. Yeah, this guy is for sure gonna hit me"; then BAM...he hit her. She expressed how unhappy and upset she was with this man for rear ending her, and I could not help but question, "How many times do we speak our own fate into existence then get mad at the other guy?" 

It reminds me of Proverbs 19:3 (I like the ERV version which pretty much calls a spade a spade), "People ruin their lives by the foolish things they do, and then they blame the Lord for it." While it's true this man should have used wisdom when it came to texting and driving; children of God have the power to determine a different outcome. 

Gandhi is known for the following quote:
Your beliefs become your thoughts
Your thoughts become your words
Your words become your actions
Your actions become your habits
Your habits become your character
Your character becomes your destiny

As a child of God, if you're willing to believe Gandhi; how much more should you believe your own Father? If even Gandhi's quote reveals that your beliefs lead to what you speak and what you speak leads to your destiny; why is it so far fetched to believe God when HE says life and death are in the power of YOUR TONGUE? At the bare basics, it boils down to following the Lord; without that, we already take ourselves out from under His protection to a strong degree. But scripture tells us, "We believe therefore we speak."

When I look back at my own life I see how it became a downward spiral; not only was I not putting my trust in the one I said I trusted, but the words I consistently spoke were of sickness, suffering, and demise. Again, without putting your trust in Christ, words are empty words with no power; but if you truly believe then watch the words you let come out of your mouth. Stop allowing the news to dictate your thoughts and speech. Don't allow fear to cause you to speak death and end your own life , and the life of your family prematurely. If you put your trust in everything else you hear, except the truth according to Christ; the very thing you say you're afraid of is the very thing that will happen. 

RESOURCES
Faith is More than Just Believing
What is Faith Without Works?
God Isn't in Complete Control
Victory is Available but It's Not a Given

No comments:

Post a Comment