-->

You Are Not Under Law

Are you asking, or have you ever asked yourself, any or all of the following questions:

Am I making right choices? Am I saying and doing all the right things? Am I making sure I do what others tell me is necessary in order to receive God's blessings for me? Is God going to punish me if I make a wrong decision? If I choose "this" option, will God turn a deaf ear to my prayers? How long will God withhold his love from me for having sinned? And the big one, has God turned his back on me for something I've done? You are not alone, but you can be set FREE! I had been under a mixture of Law and Grace my entire life. However, the "law" had a strong hold on me and was the ruling factor over everything else. Even from the age of a child, I was under constant pressure and fear that I would mess up or not measure up; not just in my earthly dad's eyes, but in God's eyes, and I was scared I wouldn't receive all of his blessings for my life. Worse yet, I thought I wouldn't see his will for my life come to pass if I didn't obey him. After all, what child doesn't want to make their daddy happy so they will say, "with you I am well pleased"...


Are We Under the Curse of the Law? No.
If you know you're not under it, then why are you trying to follow it. I consider it a privilege that the Lord gave me the revelation of his grace! This revelation is so important that Paul begins and ends all his letters with a form of "the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you". It's so important that the Lord has placed ministers in the public eye such as Joseph Prince, to preach about his gospel of Grace. But it doesn't stop there, he's continuing to spread his gospel of grace and raising and training up others in the body of Christ to publicly spread this message on a grand scale. Matthew 24:14 "and this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world". Every person on earth will be given the opportunity to receive his gospel of grace because he loves everybody that much!

The Revelation of Grace Is Simple
Jesus Christ was sacrificed to death. In doing so, he removed all of our sins and consequences for those sins.  When he said, "It is finished", all of the work necessary for us to receive God's grace was completed and we no longer have to follow a list of laws to enter his kingdom. Jesus Christ represents us at all times and we can only get to God through Jesus Christ. HE is our sacrificial lamb; perfect and spotless, which gives us the freedom to approach the throne of Grace boldly! Let me break it down.

You'll hear a lot of people refer to this gospel of grace as "sloppy grace". Grace isn't about doing what you want and "getting away with it".

Does this mean we can do whatever we want then?
Just by the fact that you're asking this question, means you're works oriented and focusing on you.
1 John 5:18 We know that God’s children do not make a practice of sinning.
Romans 6:14 Sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law, but under grace.

How can we be sure we don’t make a practice of sinning?
Romans 8:1 ... We walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit. 

Galatians 2:22 You are crucified with Christ, your old sinful nature is dead; NOT you have to try and kill it every day. You don't have to die to self every day, your old self is already DEAD.

Who are God’s children?
1 John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God.

How do we know our hearts are right?
Ezekial 36:26 A new heart will I give you and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

How do I know if I am walking upright?
Ezekial 36:27 And I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes...

2 Corinthians 5:17 Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation. Old things are passed, ALL THINGS ARE MADE NEW. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation…21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

What do I need to do in order to receive his grace, what works must I do?
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 

Take notice, grace has nothing to do with you. It's all about Jesus Christ; his sacrifice, his representing us, his works and that through him it was finished. You are righteous because of your standing through Jesus. You walk upright because Jesus walks upright and it's his spirit inside of you. You don't have to work to earn a darn thing because Jesus' work finished it, all. Jesus did not die on the cross to cover only the sins you've committed in the past, his death covers them ALL, otherwise he would not have had to die and every time you "sinned", you'd be put to death. The only commandment in the new covenant is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Think about it...The old testament law means when you commit a sin, your punishment is literal death, or dismemberment; your eyes gauged out, your tongue cut off, your limbs amputated or maybe you're even hanged.  Does it even make sense to think you can keep all those old laws, knowing the Lord sent Jesus for the sole reason that he knew you never could? 

That's the whole reason God sent Jesus in the first place, because you COULDN'T.