-->

Grace Has Nothing to Do with You

When the Lord first taught me his gospel of grace, I didn't understand the concept of me not working to earn being upright before the Lord. I'd get angry and even exude tirades; having worked so hard and now all of a sudden I find out there's nothing I have to do? I was watching my husband living a life of "receiving" and it made me furious! You mean to tell me that I've been bustin my butt all these years for nothin?" I was so mad that I fought back against it; even called my own husband a liar. But I thank God for extending me that grace in order to receive the revelation. It makes me SO upset that the enemy is lying to so many people, just like he did me...

By the grace of God, I'll be joining forces with others who preach the gospel of grace; which will obviously consist of responses to the many rebuttal scriptures (and whatever else the Holy Spirit wants you to know). For now, I'll ask the same question Paul asked the Galatians, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit as the result of obeying the Law and doing its works, or was it by hearing the message of the Gospel and believing it? Was it from observing a law of rituals or from a message of faith?" Now, if I were going to say this in my own way, it would sound a little something like this, "Once you're born again, whether you receive the gospel of grace or not, it's still true. You're still in right-standing, you're still upright before the Lord, and you're still going to heaven, whether you want to believe it or not. So the only issue here is quality of life. Do you want to walk in true freedom, or do you want to fight to keep the pressures of trying to be perfect on your own; constantly repenting and feeling guilty for every little thing you do?"

For it is by free grace (God’s unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation) through [your] faith. And this [SALVATION] is NOT of yourselves [of your own doing, it came NOT through your own striving], but it is the gift of God; Not because of works [not the fulfillment of the Law’s demands], lest any man should boast. It is not the result of what anyone can possibly do, so no one can pride himself in it or take glory to himself.

O YOU poor and silly and thoughtless and unreflecting and senseless Galatians! Who has fascinated or bewitched or cast a spell over you, unto whom, right before your very eyes, Jesus Christ (the Messiah) was openly and graphically set forth and portrayed as crucified? Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit as the result of obeying the Law and doing its works, or was it by hearing [the message of the Gospel and believing it? Was it from observing a law of rituals or from a message of faith? Are you so foolish and so senseless and so silly? Having begun your new life spiritually with the Holy Spirit, are you now reaching perfection [by dependence] on the flesh? Have you suffered so many things and experienced so much, all for nothing (to no purpose)-if it really is to no purpose and in vain?

THIS SUMS IT UP
Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. 

BOTTOM  LINE

Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. He didn't start it so that you'd have to finish it. We're self-righteous if we think we have anything to do with our salvation or our standing with God. It's an insult to Jesus and what he went through for us. You started out believing, when you were saved. Why now are you trying to strive to earn it?

References

No comments:

Post a Comment