-->

To Believe or Not to Believe

Recently I posted a prayer request on Facebook; a request for the manifestation of a healing I had already received. I’m aware that when I make my business public knowledge, I subject myself to scrutiny and that the possibility for misunderstanding and misinterpretation is highly likely. First, allow me to apologize to anyone who may have been offended by my statement that I wasn’t going to see a doctor. My prayer request was not an attack on anyone who sees doctors, nor was I saying I don’t believe in them or that God doesn't heal through them…

I myself have seen doctors. I had cervical cancer 3 years ago and was in and out of the hospital with 2 minor surgeries and one major one; a full hysterectomy. Throughout the entire process, I still believed and I still received a miracle. My cancer testimony was unanimously received because the miracle had already come to pass. People saw the end and said, “Wow, what an amazing story”. No one questioned the miracle because it had already taken place, they saw the visible proof. It’s different though when you’re in the middle of the process and you CAN’T SEE the evidence. But that’s what faith is; the evidence of things unseen.

When faced with troubles and tragedies, conventional wisdom is to run first to worldly options then run to God as a last resort, when nothing else has worked. There are many instances in the bible where doctors are mentioned. However, when Jesus was around, he never sent anyone to a doctor because He’s the healer. This doesn't mean the Lord will never ask you to see a doctor. It's just that he wants you to trust in him vs the method with which he chooses to heal you. With this new journey I set out on in May of 2012, I asked the Lord to give me Apostle-like faith, which means I need to ignite BIG faith. This personal experience and incident for me was an opportunity to use it and not let doctors restrict God and his ability. Everyone has different levels of faith and those levels do not make you a good or bad person. Some just don’t want to believe for something so drastic; sickness, quitting your job, relief from pain, selling your business, restoration of relationships, financial etc., because they feel there’s too much risk involved, but when you trust the Lord completely, there is no risk. 

God Can Do ANYTHING
and that’s what I’ll tell people. I exalt HIM! It doesn’t belittle anyone’s testimony that saw a doctor, nor does it mean that God didn’t heal you because of doing so. All I’m saying is the truth. God can do ANYTHING. But it’s up to each individual believer to do what they want with that information; either believe or not believe. The NLT version of Mark 11:24 says, “I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.” The AMP version says, “For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will get it.” The key is you must BELIEVE FIRST.

I appreciate the prayers for wisdom. It’s important as believers that we have Godly wisdom to guide our lives. I only know wisdom isn’t needed to know trusting God is always the best choice and should always come before worldly options and the opinions of man for the edification of their consciences. Proverbs 1:7 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.” This is who God is to me. This is who God is, period. More truth…if you choose to not trust the Lord and do things your own way out of fear, you’ll end up finding out the hard way just how hard you made it on yourself. The Lord doesn’t cause things to be difficult, we bring it on ourselves by not trusting his way. The Lord’s way, though it doesn’t always make sense and is most of the time uncomfortable and inconvenient, is ALWAYS the best way. 

He’ll Meet You at Your Level
How much are you willing to trust God for? When you step out in faith, the Lord will meet you at the level with which you trust him. I choose to trust him in ALL things, no matter how impossible. Why? Because ALL things are possible with Jesus Christ! Not just some things; small things because that’s all God can handle. No, ALL things! What circumstances are you in that the devil is trying to convince you are too big for God? What circumstances are lying to you and saying, “You’ll never get out of this” or “This won’t ever happen”? I dare you to sacrifice comfort for peace. I challenge you to replace fear with victory and finally receive what the Lord has for you. He’s already got all of the provisions and set ups waiting for you. You can receive it…but you first have to trust him.