-->

How Do I Put on the Armor?

The Lord gave me a HUGE revelation and I pray it will be an enlightenment for you! I have allowed the Lord access to do whatever necessary in my heart, so that I could be whole. In the beginning (and for a particular area of deliverance), He gave me some scriptures to put on index cards, and asked me to say them every day; allowing it to strengthen my inner man. Through the processes of these transformations, I had become so upset at times; not knowing what to do when I was thrust into a self-induced panic mode! I'd be in a position where insecurity tried to creep in or an old mindset would try to take over, and the first thing I did was quote those scriptures...

Because these incidents were happening, what seemed to me to be every 5 minutes, I became exhausted! I felt like all I was ever doing was quoting scripture, and I reached a point where I was burned out and didn't want to do it anymore. One day the Lord gave me a revelation; "you don't have to struggle for victory because you already have it!" Seemed so simple that I immediately adapted it. Meanwhile, I continued to quote my scriptures daily, as well as in the moments when I was being attacked. Two days later, the Lord told me to "fast" saying my scriptures for one week. It was rather comical actually; as my response was "get behind me Satan!" The Lord said, "No my baby, it's me." He told me He had given me the revelation, that I had it, but there were some habits I needed to break. He told me that I was clinging to my scriptures as if they were my "epi-pen" or "inhaler". Every time insecurity or old mindsets came on, I clung to them as if I couldn't breathe without them.

I FREAKED OUT! I thought to myself, "How in the world am I supposed to overcome these issues if I'm not consistently renewing my mind?" He gave me John 5:39 & 40 "You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life." He also gave me multiple biblical references that confirm I am ALREADY an overcomer; John 16:33, Romans 8:37, 1 John 2:13, 1 John 4:4, 1 John 5:5, and a whole lot more!

He told me that scriptures are merely REMINDERS; only confirmation of whom you already are. When the enemy attacks your mind with whatever buttons he knows to push with you, don’t frantically scramble to find the right scripture to combat him with. Your IDENTITY is your combat, your armor. Be still and remember who you are. Remember the power and authority you have over Satan. Even on your worst emotional day, you STILL have ALL power and authority over him and his attacks!

The key…is to know it’s ALL by FAITH! Your enemy wants you to think you’re weak in the moments you have emotions. He wants you to think you don’t have authority over him when your feelings are intense. He’s a LIAR! 

RESOURCES
Why Your Emotions Don't Matter
Self Esteem Doesn't Come in a Bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment