-->

Are You Thinking Too Small?

There are many reasons why God sometimes won’t give us what we ask for; it's usually because we're not ready for one reason or another. However, sometimes the reason He holds off is because we're thinking too small; He knows that when we learn the truth about who He is, what we initially asked for wasn't what we really wanted.

I'll share a couple of instances from my own life. Take marriage for example; when I was a young teen, I wrote down what I wanted in a husband. I was very specific, and I fully believed he existed out there somewhere. I never got the man I asked for because I kept choosing instead of letting God. When I finally gave in to letting Him choose a man of God for me; He gave me what I asked for and more. Even with a surrendered heart it was HARD, so there is NO way I would have been able to handle it back then! The Lord was gracious by not giving me what I asked for at the time because I would have destroyed us both.

Another good example is our home. When we first got married someone suggested they help us into HUD housing; the Lord didn't allow that. Later He grew my faith to believe Him for an apartment in a wealthy part of Texas; but He didn't allow that either. As He continued to show me who He is; I eventually grew to believe Him for a house, and a fairly large one. The Lord wanted me to have a visual, so He encouraged me to look at photos of large homes online. 

There, sitting in a chair while Googling images; the Holy Spirit arrested me; "Don't limit me. Don't limit my ability", He said. I felt Him increase my faith exponentially in that moment and I told Him, "Okay, if our first home needs to be the size of a city then so be it!" He had already begun working in me years ago when He told me to write down everything I wanted in our first home; but He also knew at the time my faith wasn't able to believe He'd actually give it to us. I used to ask Him why He didn't give us the HUD housing, why didn't He give us the apartment; He told me it was because He gave me a greater heart's desire, and He loved me enough to not let me settle. 

So you see, God will sometimes hold off giving you what you ask for, so He can increase your faith to receive what you actually want! What do you believe God can do? Are you thinking too small?

RESOURCES

No comments:

Post a Comment